under the BANNER of Yahweh, He speaks to this nation in the south land. A Divine Decree to follow after the slaying of the deceitful, the liars, the wrong doers and the wicked, who are even now among His people in the south and also scattered around the globe. SPEECH SIX of SEVEN:
Isaiah
42:1-25
[1] “See,
My Servant whom I uphold, My Chosen One My being has delighted in! I have put
My Spirit upon Him; He brings forth right-ruling to the nations.
[2] “He
does not cry out, nor lifts up His voice, nor causes His voice to be heard
in the street.
[3] “A
crushed reed He does not break, and smoking flax He does not quench. He brings
forth right-ruling in accordance with truth.
[4] “He
does not become weak or crushed, until He has established right-ruling in the
earth. And the coastlands wait for His Torah.”
[5] Thus
said the Ěl, יהוה, who created
the heavens and stretched them out, who spread forth the earth and that which
comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it, and spirit to those who
walk on it:
[6] “I, יהוה, have called You in
righteousness, and I take hold of Your hand and guard You, and give You for a
covenant to a people, for a light to the gentiles,
[7] to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners
from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
[8] “I am יהוה, that is My Name, and My esteem
I do not give to another, nor My praise to idols.
[9] “See, the former predictions have
come, and new ones I am declaring; before they spring forth I let you hear
them.”
[10] Sing to יהוה a new song; His praise from the
ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you
coastlands and you inhabitants of them!
[11] Let the wilderness and its cities lift up
their voice, the villages where Qĕḏar dwells. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of
the mountains.
[12] Let them give esteem to יהוה, and declare
His praise in the coastlands.
[13] יהוה goes forth like a mighty man. He
stirs up ardour like a fighter. He cries out, yea, shout aloud. Over His
enemies He shows Himself mighty.
[14] “I have kept silent from of old, I have been
still and held Myself back. Like a woman in labour I now cry out, I pant
and gasp at once.
[15] “I lay waste mountains and hills, and I dry
up all their plants. And I shall make rivers become coastlands, and I dry up
pools.
[16] “And I shall lead the blind by a way they
have not known – in paths they have not known I lead them. I make darkness
light before them, and crooked places straight. These matters I shall do for
them, and I shall not forsake them.
[17] “Those who trust in idols, who say to the
moulded images, ‘You are our mighty ones,’ shall be turned back, utterly
ashamed.
[18] “Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, and
see.
[19] “Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My
messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is at peace, and blind as servant
of יהוה?
[20] “You see much, but do not observe; ears are
open, but do not hear.”
[21] It has delighted יהוה, for the sake
of His righteousness, to make the Torah great and esteemed.
[22] But this is a people robbed and plundered,
all of them are snared in holes, and they are hidden in prison houses. They
have become a prey, with no one to deliver – for plunder, and no one to say,
“Restore!”
[23] Who among you gives ear to this, pays
attention and hears for the time to come?
[24] Who gave Yaʽaqoḇ for plunder, and Yisra’ĕl to the robbers? Was it not יהוה, He against
whom we sinned? For they would not walk in His ways, and they did not obey His
Torah!
[25] So He has poured on him His burning
displeasure and the strength of battle, and it set him on fire all around, yet
he did not understand. And it burned against him, yet he did not take it to
heart!
Jeremiah
42:1-22
[1] Then
all the commanders of the army, and Yoḥanan son of Qarĕaḥ, and Yezanyah son
of Hoshayah, and all the people, from the least to the greatest, came near
[2] and
said to Yirmeyahu the prophet, “We beg you, let our petition be acceptable to
you, and pray for us to יהוה your Elohim, for all this remnant, for we are few left of many,
as your eyes see us.
[3] “And let יהוה your Elohim show us the way in
which we should walk and the word we should do.”
[4] And Yirmeyahu the prophet said to them, “I
have heard. See, I am praying to יהוה your Elohim according to your words, and it shall be that I
declare to you all the word יהוה answers you. I withhold not a word from you.”
[5] And they said to Yirmeyahu, “Let יהוה be a true and
steadfast witness between us, if we do not do according to all the word which יהוה your Elohim
sends us by you.
[6] “Whether good or evil, let us obey the voice
of יהוה our Elohim to whom we send you, in order that it might be well
with us when we obey the voice of יהוה our Elohim.”
[7] And after ten days it came to be that the
word of יהוה came to Yirmeyahu.
[8] So he called Yoḥanan son of Qarĕaḥ, and all
the commanders of the army which were with him, and all the people from the
least even to the greatest,
[9] and said to them, “Thus said יהוה, the Elohim of
Yisra’ĕl, to whom you sent me to present your petition before Him,
[10] ‘If you would indeed stay in this land, then
I shall build you and not pull you down, and I shall plant you and not pluck
you up. For I have relented of the evil I have done to you.
[11] ‘Do not be afraid of the sovereign of Baḇel, of whom you are afraid. Do not be afraid of him,’
declares יהוה, ‘for I am with you, to save you and deliver you from his hand.
[12] ‘And I shall show you compassion, so that he
has compassion on you and let you return to your own land.’
[13] “But if you say, ‘We are not staying in this
land,’ and so disobey the voice of יהוה your Elohim,
[14] saying, ‘No, but we are going to the land of
Mitsrayim so that we see no fighting, nor hear the sound of the ram’s horn, nor
hunger for bread, and there we shall stay,’
[15] then hear the word of יהוה, O remnant of
Yehuḏah! Thus said יהוה of hosts, the Elohim of Yisra’ĕl,
‘If you indeed set your faces to enter Mitsrayim, and shall go to sojourn
there,
[16] then it shall be that the sword which you
feared overtakes you there in the land of Mitsrayim, and the scarcity of food
of which you were afraid clings to you there in Mitsrayim, and you die there.
[17] ‘And so it shall be with all the men who set
their faces to go to Mitsrayim to sojourn there: they shall die by the sword,
by scarcity of food, and by pestilence, and not one of them shall survive or
escape from the evil I am bringing upon them.’
[18] “For thus said יהוה of hosts, the Elohim of Yisra’ĕl,
‘As My displeasure and My wrath have been poured out on the inhabitants of
Yerushalayim, so shall My wrath be poured out on you when you enter Mitsrayim.
And you shall be an oath, and an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproach, and
you shall see this place no more.’
[19] “יהוה has spoken about you, O remnant
of Yehuḏah, ‘Do not go to Mitsrayim!’ Know for certain that I
have warned you this day.
[20] “For you deceived yourselves when you sent me
to יהוה your Elohim, saying, ‘Pray for us to יהוה our Elohim,
and according to all that יהוה your Elohim says, so declare to us and we shall do it.’
[21] “So I have declared it to you today, but you
have not obeyed the voice of יהוה your Elohim in all which He has sent me to you.
[22] “And now, know for certain that you shall die
by the sword, by scarcity of food, and by pestilence in the place where you
have desired to go to sojourn.”
Vir die
Afrikaanse mense: Jesaja 42 / Jeremia 42
