A Message:
Jeremiah 15:16-21
Your
words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and
the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, Eloah, God
Tzva'ot. I didn't sit in the assembly of those who make merry, nor
rejoiced; I sat alone because of your hand; for you have filled me with
indignation. Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which
refuses to be healed? will you indeed be to me as a deceitful [brook],
as waters that fail?
Therefore thus says Eloah, If you return,
then will I bring you again, that you may stand before me; and if you
take forth the precious from the vile, you shall be as my mouth: they
shall return to you, but you shall not return to them. I will make you
to this people a fortified brazen wall; and they shall fight against
you, but they shall not prevail against you; for I am with you to save
you and to deliver you, says Eloah. I will deliver you out of the hand
of the wicked, and I will redeem you out of the hand of the terrible.
Daniel 10:16-21
And, behold, [one] like the similitude of the sons of men touched my
lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood
before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I
have retained no strength. For how can the servant of this my lord
talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no
strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
Then there
came again and touched me [one] like the appearance of a man, and he
strengthened me, And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace [be]
unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I
was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast
strengthened me. Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee?
and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am
gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
But I will
shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and [there is]
none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.